Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for companies in Canada
If you need to get more traffic to your web site and enjoy the benefits of free advertisement in the internet, there are some simple rules that can help position your site at the top of the search engines for specific terms. Why is that important? Most people will click first on the organic results than in the pay advertisements.
Because search engines use different techniques and rules for site positioning, no one can guarantee that your site will always be #1 on the search results. However, a good SEO company will help you position your site in the top 10 for specific terms.
SEO will drive targeted traffic from search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Altavista, MSN and many others to your site, generating enquiries, leads and sales. Having your website optimized for search engines has proven to give a return on investment that is unmatched in any advertising industry.
Be aware of companies that guarantee you the first place in the search engines, they might be using Black Hat techniques and can get your site completely banned from the search engines. We use White Hat SEO practices to get your site positioned in the best places in the search results using the rules and guidelines form the most popular search engines.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is a marketing technique used to help websites to rank high in the search engines (such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc.).
The objective of SEO is to direct more targeted traffic to the website.
SEO, also known as natural (organic) search engine rankings is the natural rankings that the search engines award your website based on the relevancy to the search phrase and quality of the site in the main section of the search engine.
Advantages of Search Engine Optimization
- Greater increase in traffic from each keyword or phrase
- High Positioning potential for multiple keywords and phrases
- Traffic no longer costs money per click
- Long term positioning can be obtained through ongoing assessments
- Residual effects are applied to entire site
White Hat versus Black Hat
SEO techniques are generally classified in 2 categories: white hat and black hat. White hat techniques are aimed to produce long time results. Black hat SEO might produce results fast but is taking the risk of getting the website banned completely from the search engines.
Black hat SEO attempts to improve rankings by using methods that are not approved by search engines. Black hat SEO uses deceiving techniques trying to cheat the algorithms used by these search engines.
White hat SEO is more concern about good content and the quality of links to the website.
What it is we do
For any SEO strategy to work, there are many different components that need to be taken into consideration.
- First of all, we need to understand the business and their competitors. A complete study of the positioning of the business and the competition is realized utilizing different methods and the most advance software for SEO.
- We realize a comprehensive analysis related to the different internet marketing components and the positioning of the business with respect to the mayor search engines.
- Then we need to know what the objectives of the business are, do you want to just attract more traffic or do you want to dominate in a specific market segment? To do this, we realize a complete investigation of the different keywords and terminology that are related to the business operations and to the target market.
- We propose a target market and set of keywords to go after.
- Elaborate strategy and plan of action
Sounds complicated? It actually is. The reality is that not everyone can do SEO. It takes time, skills and the implementation of a very good strategy to achieve the desired results.
On Page SEO
We offer SEO for any firms to fulfil all of your needs. We make certain your pages are properly set up in order to beat your competition on a local and national search engine level. We offer legal SEO services that address the overall website image and performance for your readers and for the search engine gods to produce the most efficient website possible.
We will make all recommendations that we see relevant for you to have the final say.
- In-Depth Website Analysis – Designed to locate any weak points in your existing pages for prompt correction.
- Competition Analysis – Determines what your competition is using their websites for, so you remain up to speed.
- Sitemaps – Creation and maintenance of XML, HTML, Google, Bing, and Yahoo! style sitemaps, which guide search engine crawlers through your content.
- Keyword Research – Original research for content keywords is performed for every page on your website.
- Keyword Density – Keyword use is carefully monitored to avoid clunky overuse known as keyword stuffing. This is a quick way to end up ion Google’s sandbox.
- Internal Linking – Keeps visitors interested longer with easy navigation, producing higher click throughs.
- Text Modification Optimization – Adjustments to existing text to enhance SEO results.
- On-Page Optimization – Makes the optimal use of every aspect included on each page of your website.
- H Tag Optimization – Incorporates coding to help site crawlers place the correct importance on different headings of different parts of individual pages.
- Image and Alt Optimization – Attaches coding and keywords to on-site images so they will rank in image searches separate from page text.
- Hyperlink Optimization – Turns certain keyword appearances into both internal and external links, producing higher SEO rankings.
- Title Tag Optimization – Turns the titles of individual pages into crawler-friendly, keyword rich opportunities to introduce concepts to readers.
- Meta Description Tags Optimization – Applies a keyword rich description of each page to search engines.
- Keyword Tracking – Makes certain your keywords are still as potent as when they were first applied to your pages, with corrections made when necessary.
- HTML Clean-Up and Optimization – Code reduction and correction where needed, resulting in a more crawler-friendly website code.
- Navigation and Design Optimization – Redesigns parts of your website to create more user-friendly interfaces and navigation controls.
- URL Rewriting – If needed Reconstructs the URLs of individual pages into simplified, user-friendly versions that will attract website visitors better than untreated URLs.
- Canonicalization – Rids your website of redundancies and false duplicate content readings that can lower SEO results. Remember 100% unique content is king.
- Link Validation – Insures that every link, internal and external, on your website works on all common web browsers.
- Robot.txt Optimization – Informs crawlers which sections of your website are valid text locations, specifying these areas from menus and navigational buttons to prevent confusion and redundancies.
- Check all content with “Copyscape” to make sure there is no duplicate content. If your website has the original content which is OK, but it is important to change content keeping it fresh for Google and your readers. This is vital to stay on the first page of search engines.
Off Page SEO
So many factors determine the good positioning of your website among search engine results. According to estimates, Google relies on more than 200 on and off page factors to rank pages. On page SEO elements include the design and the content. Off page SEO is just as important if not more.
Link Building and SEO
Link building is probably the most crucial off page optimization element. Links can come from other websites that quote your materials, from forums, social networks, comments, directories and bookmarking. Diversity is key to successful link building. All content must be 100% unique.
Quality is another important factor to consider. In the past, reciprocal links used to be enough to give websites good SEO positioning. Today, the situation has changed and links need to come from relevant, high quality websites.
Paid links, low quality links and anything that appears to be unnatural or out of context can affect your optimization efforts in a negative way. Google updates that took place in 2012 have severely penalized websites that rely on low quality backlinks.
Factors that Affect the Quality of Links
Link building is crucial for successful off page SEO. Several ranking factors determine the manner in which each link will contribute to the good positioning of your website among search engine results.
The anchor text is the first factor to keep in mind. This is the text that other websites use to add a link and to direct their audience to your website. Anchor text that contains keywords and that is highly relevant can contribute a lot to your SEO strategy.
You should also strive to gain natural links from different kinds of websites. The number of IP addresses is another SEO factor. More links lead to better online reputation and reputation translates into good search engine positioning.
At the same time, understand the importance of link quality. One link from a very reputable website is worth much more than dozens of links from poorly developed, irrelevant directories. Be very selective when choosing backlink partners. Being overly enthusiastic in terms of link building can harm rather than benefit your website.
Sporadic link building attempts will fail delivering the expected results. Your campaigns should be continuous and sustainable. Think about the continuity of the new links when you launch off page SEO campaigns.
Despite the changing nature of SEO, link building is still one of the most crucial techniques for success. You should be aware of its specifics and the factors that affect the quality of your backlinks. Focus on choosing the right websites and creating continuity, in order to enjoy optimal results.
Give is a call and we can discuss with you in more detail any questions you might have related to this topic.